Bass Saddle Shoes and Sandee Royalty Skirt

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I have been smitten with saddle shoes since seeing Moonrise Kingdom. Suzy, one of the main characters, rocks some serious ensembles in the film, all tied together by her saddle shoes. Naturally, I began looking for deals. I started out by following my gut - Bass Shoes. When penny loafers were all the rage when I was a kid, this is where I (or, more importantly, my mom) turned. Surely, if you sell penny loafers, you're not messing around with saddle shoes either. 

Fortunately, my gut was right and Bass had a large selection of suede, leather and patent saddle shoes in a wide variety of styles. What sold me on the Bass Glenbrock? A nice little heel. As much as I love the look of a flat and admire them on others, I am a short girl who always loved playing dress up with heels. High heeled saddle shoes? They would be mine, although it would take several months of hemming and hawing and recommending them to a friend looking for shoes to go with a great dress before I finally bought them on sale for $29.99 (with free shipping) from 6pm.com (they are reduced even more now). 


I kind of pride myself as being that person who has an outfit for everything, and the Bass Glenbrock shoes deserved their moment...in the form of my favorite skirt from Sandee Royalty. I can think of about seven Sandee Royalty skirts that would look amazing with these shoes, too, which may have me already thinking about my next purchases. Her skirts are so well made, fully lined, perfectly pleated and come in fun prints (on gorgeous fabric). 


Outfit details:
Sweater: Gap, last season
Belt: Banana Republic, old
Skirt: Sandy Royalty, past season
Shoes: Bass Glenbrock, 6pm.com




No comments:

Post a Comment