$8 Buffalo Check Skirt

Friday, November 22, 2013

Every once in a while, I peruse eBay for random things that I like. For example, I open my eBay app (second in danger to my finances only to the Etsy app) and will type "Pendleton," "Frye" or "buffalo check." Then I end up watching five items and never buying them.

So, the other day on my lunch break, I searched for "buffalo check" in womens clothing. About halfway down the list of items was a classic wool buffalo check Gap mini skirt, new with tags, in a size 4 for $8 (buy it now). Shipping was only $3.


Do you remember Gap's 2009 holiday collection that featured a ton of classic plaids, including a perfectly impractical 3/4 sleeve buffalo check wool wrap coat? I still dream about that coat. Well, this skirt, I was pretty sure, was part of that collection. Without even questioning sizing (I can range from a 0 to a 4 in Gap bottoms), I bought the skirt. It arrived yesterday, fits perfectly and is indeed from the '09 holiday collection.


Score! How I wore it:
Shirts: Gap striped long sleeve tee (past season), American Eagle denim shirt (past season)
Tights: black knit, H&M ($12.99, this season)
Boots: black Frye campus boots 
Jewelry: Alice Temperley for Stella & Dot



No comments:

Post a Comment